"Insure with Brewer! Call Today For A Quote"

Brewer Insurance Agency Of Texas, Inc.

(832) 363-3012

Toll Free: (800) 869-6208

(800) 869-6208

Injured Worker

Workers' Compensation Insurance based in Richmond, Texas

Happy Repairman

Brewer Insurance Agency of Texas, Inc. in Richmond, Texas, offers workers’ compensation insurance coverage for your business personnel. Designed to protect both employers and employees, our workers’ compensation policies help shield your business from lawsuits resulting from workplace accidents and provide medical care and compensation to workers injured on the job.

Workers’ compensation insurance is not health insurance. It is designed specifically to help cover the costs of injuries sustained while at work, whether on the workplace premises, while on job-site or in a commercial vehicle, and work-related illnesses.

While some states do not require employers to purchase workers’ compensation insurance, it can be immensely useful for businesses with potentially hazardous environments and conditions. Even in workplaces that are not inherently dangerous, accidents can occur.

Do I Need Workers' Compensation Insurance?

Employers have a legal responsibility to their employees to make the workplace safe. However, accidents happen even when every reasonable safety measure has been taken, and most states require that employers carry some form of workers’ compensation insurance.

Workers’ compensation policies provide payments to injured workers, without regard to who was at fault in the accident. Compensation covers time lost from work and for medical and rehabilitation services, as well as death benefits to surviving spouses and dependents.

Each state has different laws governing the amount and duration of lost income benefits, the provision of medical and rehabilitation services, and how the system is administered. For example, in most states, there are regulations that cover whether the worker or employer can choose the doctor who treats the injuries and how disputes about benefits are resolved.

Although in-home business and business owner’s policies (BOPs) are sold as package policies, they do not include coverage for workers' injuries. Workers’ compensation insurance must be bought as a separate policy.

Contact our insurance specialists today, and put our experience to work for your business.